Sales administration or support departments carry out essential functions in support of sales teams in many different areas, Sales support teams undertake administration and other office-based duties for sales executives.
The support offered may include processing the work that sales executives generate, and making appointments for them to visit new or existing clients.
The person in charge of the sales support/administration department will often be referred to as the sales support
executive and has responsibility for co-ordinating all the work within the team. Key activities include:
* handling all correspondence and organising contacts between the sales executives and their customers;
* maintaining customer records;
* keeping records of visits and sales;
* taking, progressing and monitoring orders;
* processing invoices and accounts;
* preparing estimates and quotations for customers;
* drawing up tender documents or contracts;
* keeping records of sales targets and actual figures and compiling them into reports for management.
Technical support may be delivered by different technologies depending on the situation. For example, direct questions can be addressed using SMS,online telephone chat, E-mail or Fax; basic problems can be addressed over the telephone or, increasingly, by using remote access repair services; while more complicated problems with hardware/mechanical may need to be dealt with in person.